COVID-19 Reopening Protocols
Please read this carefully.
**Information is also available on my Instagram post and story highlights**
I am thrilled to reopen my studio and getting back into tattooing!
I hope you all have been keeping yourselves and your loved ones safe during this pandemic. While there are signs of massive improvements, we still need to be cautious about how we go about our lives whilst waiting for a vaccine.
I will continue practicing sanitary protocols to ensure the safety between myself and my clients. While tattoo artists are already required, by law, to maintain sanitised environments between clients and measures during the tattoo procedure, there are additional steps to prevent further spread of the virus.
Facts about the studio:
I operate from a private studio, where it is just me and no other artist.
All appointments are scheduled prior to.
I don’t do walk-ins. Therefore, no waiting rooms
How I operate:
Every client is scheduled an appointment specifically for their time slot.
I usually schedule 1-2 sessions per day, but if there are multiple sessions I will spread them out to give ample cleaning time between clients.
I won’t allow clients to overlap nor interact.
Please be punctual.
Right now, I cannot book anyone from out of New York State. If you’re coming from within NY, and travelling by personal car, I will consider booking you.
I will only book out of state clients when it is safe to do so.
To book an appointment you must...
Not have symptoms of COVID-19
Not have travelled from our of the city/state for 14 days
* * *
- For now, clients cannot bring friends or companions. You must come alone.
- For those who have requested getting tattooed on the same day as your friends, I would have to postpone your sessions when safe.
- Please wear a mask at all times when out in public. This is for your safety as well as others and we need to respect that.
- Be cautious when commuting. Be aware of what you touch, sit or lean on.
- Limit to what you touch, and if you do, please use hand sanitiser or gloves.
- Maintain social-distancing guidelines, do not get too close to anyone.
- Keep aware of your symptoms and monitor yourselves. Check your temperatures regularly.
- If you develop symptoms, our appointment is immediately rescheduled.
- I will ask you to remove your shoes and place it in the bin provided at the entrance.
- All outerwear and jackets must be left on the hooks by the entrance.
- You must wear a mask. It is recommended to bring your own, but I will provide one if needed.
- I will provide fresh garbage bags to place your personal items such as bags - which can then be brought up to the space.
- Immediately proceed to the bathroom and wash your hands for 20-30 seconds. There is a separate soap dispenser for clients. Use paper towels provided to dry and then throw.
- For beverages and snacks, I advise you to bring your own.
* * *
What I’m doing
Since quarantine started, I never took public transportation. I get around the city on my bike and have only gone out for rides and groceries.
I’ve maintained social-distance from others and I wear my mask and gloves when I’m out in public.
When I arrive home, I immediately wash my hands and face. Most times, I head straight to the bathroom to shower and put my outside clothes straight in the washing machine.
MY PROTOCOLS FOR TATTOOING
- Before, during and after reach session, I will wash my hands.
- I will thoroughly disinfect all touch surfaces.
- During sessions, I will be wearing my own mask, face shield and gloves.
- I change gloves constantly to avoid cross-contamination.
- There will be ventilation in the space for continuous airflow.
- Any surface that a client will touch (massage table or arm rest) will have new, disposable protective barrier throughout, and will change them between clients.